HR Business Partner - Appin Mine
Job no: 786094
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner based at Appin Mine provides tactical and strategic support to business leaders across the full employee lifecycle. This role works to enable high performing teams, influences effective employee relations and drives the South32 culture.
- Partner with operational leaders and provide a professional, business focused human resource service.
- Provide coaching and guidance to operational leaders on all facets of the employee life cycle including workforce planning, talent and succession planning, performance management and reward / compensation management.
- Analyse people metrics to identify trends and opportunities and use this data to make objective decisions and drive targeted solutions through the development of programs and / or policies.
- Provide high quality industrial and employee relations advice and services.
- Manage and resolve complex industrial relations matters from start to finish including dispute resolution and conducting effective fit-for-purpose investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Champion and facilitate people initiatives including leadership capability development, diversity and inclusion, reward and recognition and employee engagement.
- Support the Human Resources Lead at Appin Mine in implementing the South32 People Strategy, working to embed a strategic and integrated approach across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Relevant degree or appropriate experience (preferable in Commerce, Business, or Psychology with a major in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Organisational Behaviour or Change Management.
- Previous experience working as a HR Business Partner or in an IR/ER role.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels of an organisation.
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging and changing environments;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Actions in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results