Job no: 784985
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
Reporting to the Drill and Blast Supervisor, we currently require a Blast Operator to join our great team on a permanent, fulltime basis to execute blasting operations according to blast plans under the direction of a Shotfirer.
- Control and monitor quality parameters of blasting activities
- Execute blasting activities according to schedules when competent to do so
- Work with explosive products, associated tools and equipment as required
- Understand critical work controls relevant to required execution tasks
- Review and update plans and equipment history and communicate status to appropriate parties
- Maintain accurate explosive records
- Provide on the job training and mentoring to blast operator trainees
You will be required to have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices and procedures
- Must hold a current Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Must hold a current C Class licence
- Good communication skills
- Production drilling experience advantageous
What we offer you
- Roster - Day shift only, home x2 weekends / month
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
- Private Health cover, additional superannuation contributions and a discounted housing loan
This role will be based at our Boddington Bauxite Mine which is located approximately 130km south east of Perth where our employees can choose to live in Boddington or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable lifestyle. The Boddington Township gives its residents the dual advantage of a rural setting while only 90 minutes’ drive from the city of Perth.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results