Specialist – Studies
Job no: 784984
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - Western Australia
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and the America’s and a globally active greenfields exploration & project development portfolio. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Study Specialist takes responsibility for planning, managing/supporting and delivery of a selection of studies within the Directional Studies environment. The majority of the projects would be strategic or material risk reduction projects for the Mining operations at Worsley to inform the Life of Operations Plan (LoOP). Studies are of different levels of complexity and are mainly conceptual and pre-feasibility studies of major projects (according to South32 standards).
This position is based in our Perth office on a 3-year fixed term basis.
Accountabilities & Key relationships
- The health, safety and environment (HS & E) compliance and outcomes for assigned studies.
- Planning, execution and delivery of assigned studies; objectively, efficiently and effectively exploring the business cases of potential investment opportunities
- Development of comprehensive commercially relevant business cases evaluating investment opportunities
- Development of budgets and schedules for assigned studies
- Compliance with reporting and compliance to approval governance requirements
- The role will also interact with internal senior operational and functional stakeholders and will be expected to effectively manage integration and coordination with operating activities. The role will proactively seek to maximise and protect shareholder value.
- Relevant degree (Geoscience, Mining, Metallurgical/Chemical/Process/Project Engineering, Business or related)
- Recognised post graduate Project Management & Business qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in the mining/mineral processing industry and particularly in the areas of strategic planning and projects
- 2+ years experience leading investment studies or capital projects
- Effective project cost, schedule & scope tracking skills
- Highly organised with respect to planning and scheduling your time.
- Delivery responsibility for large projects or studies
- Financial analysis, valuation and business case assessment experience would be an advantage
- Strong understanding of risk assessment, classification & mitigation techniques
- Well-developed oral & written communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Strong customer focus and stakeholder engagement skills in a diverse stakeholder environment
What does South32 offer?
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the South32 Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring these opportunities with you. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results