Supervisor Mine Production
Job no: 784981
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia's South West.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mining, the purpose of this role is to supervise the execution of production activities undertaken by front-line Mining personnel including contractors, in line with the production plan and targets for HSEC, volume, cost, and culture. You will:
- Supervise a Mining team of up to 30 personnel on day to day mining activities;
- Spend appropriate time in field to supervise the execution of the mining plan to achieve established performance targets at a shift or crew level;
- Provide feedback to production planning function to assist in planning and scheduling production execution work plans;
- Verify Production Execution employees and contractors adhere to work standards, are competent, and understand the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work;
- Inspect operational and non-operational work areas to ensure the site is safe and maintained according to designs and site standards;
- Provide day-to-day leadership, expertise and direction to a Production Execution team within an operation area to ensure delivery;
- Guide and coach individual team members and promote a culture of continuous improvement and personal development;
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation.
- Previous Experience in a relevant Supervisory role, supporting and guiding others;
- Solid work history in open-cut mining operations;
- Strong demonstrated leadership ability;
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team environment;
- Effective communication, time management and prioritisation skills;
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and leverage the skills and experience of key stakeholders to solve problems;
- Commitment to the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence.
What we offer you
- Offered as a Full-Time opportunity working a continuous day/night roster
- Industry leading parental leave
- Generous Superannuation contributions
- Discounted Housing loan
- HBF Health Cover
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
This role will be based at our Boddington Bauxite Mine which is located approximately 130km south east of Perth where our employees can choose to live in Boddington or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable lifestyle. The Boddington Township gives its residents the dual advantage of a rural setting while only 90 minutes&rsquo\; drive from the city of Perth.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results