Construction Crew Mentor
Job no: 784979
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Northern Territory
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
GEMCO is one of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
South32 are seeking a motivated candidate for a Construction Crew Mentor to be based at GEMCO. Reporting to the Construction Crew Supervisor the successful candidate will safely mentor the crew by planning and executing a diverse works program including (but not limited to) small machinery, earthworks, construction, civil, fabrication and household maintenance projects.
- Safely scope, plan and execute Construction Crew projects
- Excel as a safe work role model
- Exchange knowledge with Indigenous crew members, passing on Trade and Industry skills and learning aspects of local culture and work practices
- Coach Construction Crew employees to enhance their personal and work skills development inside and outside the workplace
- Ensure all operators are trained and competent to meet or exceed GEMCO requirements prior to commencing works
- Maintain record keeping systems to demonstrate crew's historic, current and future performance
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you should possess
- Demonstrated experience working with Indigenous employees or trainees will be advantageous
- Proven experience and qualifications working, training or supervising within Construction, Mining, Civil, Maintenance, Trades or other like industries
- NT Drivers licence
- Excellent record keeping, planning, project and time management skills
- Proficiency in software such as MS Office and SAP would be advantageous.
What we offer you
- Offered as full time residential role on an 5/2, 4/3 (9-day fortnight) roster
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results