Job no: 784978
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Northern Territory
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving peoples lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
GEMCO is one of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
South32 are seeking an experienced Electrical Coordinator to be based at GEMCO. Reporting to the Superintendent Electrical, the purpose of this role is to provide electrical and technical expertise to ensure that the electrical assets of GEMCO are maintained in a coordinated manner and in compliance with the relevant safety and technical standards, particularly in the preparation, planning and execution of shutdown activities.
- Work safely within the South 32 Care Strategy including establishing and maintaining an interdependent safety culture within the team including the delivery of improvements in safety performance Complete field verifications of high risk tasks
- Develop shutdown electrical scope of work and schedule with shutdown planners and co-ordinators
- Assist electrical supervisors and work groups to safe and complete delivery of shutdown plan
- Ensure all electrical work is designed to standards and delivered to the electrical supervisor to execute effectively with minimal disruption to the electrical assets
- Assist electrical supervisors in development and alignment of electrical weekly plan
- Ensure labour requirement for weekly and shutdown works is aligned to plan including engagement of labour hire and generation of associated purchase requisitions
- Design, plan and execute electrical project work and improvements through the electrical execution teams or via engagement with contracting partners
- Develop reliability improvement plans and deliver improvement works
- Assist project teams in site electrical standards compliance throughout the project management stages including energisation/handover processes
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you will possess:
- Demonstrated extensive experience in an electrical maintenance role within the mining industry
- Proven experience in a leadership role
- NT A Grade Electrical Workers Licence or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
What does South32 offer?
- Offered as full time FIFO role on an 4/3 roster from Cairns or Darwin, or on a Residential basis on Groote Eylandt
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salary
Located on Groote Eylandt, GEMCO is a one hour flight from Darwin and a one hour 20 minute flight from Cairns. GEMCO's facilities include an indoor gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking track.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results