Principal Mining Engineer - Greenfield Technologies
Job no: 784969
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation and our focus is on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded. Our goal is that our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
We are seeking people who share our values to join our team.
This position will be based at our head office in the heart of the Perth CBD
Technology at South32 is responsible for simplifying the way we work, making us safer, more productive and more innovative. This will be achieved by working alongside our stakeholders and focusing our technology resources on the highest value business opportunities.
This role is key to the integration of technology in our current and future Greenfield Projects, with three core focus areas.
- Technology Strategy and Development for Greenfield Projects: To identify opportunities for innovation in mining extraction and the application of novel technologies aimed to improve safety, productivity and/or returns for South32’s greenfield projects such as Eagle Downs and Hermosa.
- Digital Technology Design for Greenfield Projects: Taking a value chain approach, influence and integrate the mining extraction technologies with the design and implementation of the digital footprint of Greenfield Projects, ensuring the seamless alignment between modern technological solutions and existing technology platforms in the pursuit of delivering the vision of a “Digital Mine”.
- Technology development for Exploration: To support exploration programs with the identification, selection and development of novel exploration technologies and techniques as well as the use of advanced analytics and artificial intelligence.
- Understand and influence the Greenfields projects’ strategies, value drivers, and goals and working with the Projects teams, and broader Technology team assist in translating them into technology requirements and actionable mining technology projects in relation to new products and platforms that can increase the net present value or reduce risks for the new ventures.
- Engage and foster close working relationships with the Project teams, Technology team, Corporate Development team members and other key specialist stakeholders across South32 to understand the business drivers and drivers of demand for innovation
- Together with the broader technology team members, support the development of project and delivery practices that enable piloting and prototyping in the context of major Greenfield projects
- Identify, build strategic relationships with and work closely with technology partners and external research institutes to both bolster and support our internal capabilities, and develop emerging mining extraction and exploration technologies that can materially improve the outcomes of new projects as well as accelerate discovery of new ore bodies
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary Degree in a mining extraction discipline.
- Post-graduate qualifications (MBA, M.Eng, PhD) desirable.
- Experience in mining, innovation and improvement roles, as well as in: (i) the development or application of advanced mining technologies in business and (II) Operational related roles in the fields of production, maintenance or engineering.
WHAT DOES SOUTH32 OFFER?
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results