Training Admin - Illawarra Coal
Job no: 783860
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Training Admin
Reporting to the Training Support Supervisor, the Training Administrator will administer the end to end training and assessment process, coordinates course scheduling and distributes training compliance reporting.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Support the training function to ensure effective administration of all training and assessment material and processes
- Effectively coordinate course bookings and manage a 90 day planning schedule
- Integrate the site training schedule with the site planning processes to ensure transparency and visibility
- Maintain an accurate and account of all training, inductions and assessment conducted in the LMS
- Provide a high standard end to end training administration support with a high level of attention to detail
- Coordinate site inductions including scheduling of participants, facilities and preparation of all documentation
- Maintain training records in the site LMS and ensure all training material is processed in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage site training filing including hard copy files, electronic training files and file archiving
- Maintain all hard copy files and electronic training records including filing archiving
- Provide assistance with the site introduction process including obtaining competency information and scheduling of new equipment training
- Prepare and distribute skills compliance reports to the site leads, supervisors and contract representatives
- Administer site access processes including issuing of site access cards and personnel tags
- Maintain groups in the LMS including skills and crews to ensure up to date reporting at all times
- Assist with the creation, review and updating of training and assessment material and liaise with the Central Training Team to ensure document control processes are maintained
- Collaborate with site to build, maintain and distribute competency reporting
- Provide support to employees, managers, contractors and visitors to assist with their understanding of the obligations, site policies and procedures and site training and inductions processes they must comply with
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives
- Assist with the collation and analysis of training data at any time and provide support during internal or external audit and investigation processes
- Maintain training communications including site notice boards and LMS signage
- Support the contractor onboarding process including liaising with contract owners, contract representatives and internal departments to ensure timely and effective contractor validations and site inductions are maintained
- Conduct regular audits and to ensure that all training and assessment activities are conducted in accordance with the site Training Management Systems
- Ensure training processes for site introduction of new equipment/machinery are followed and provide assistance with first trained OEM training as required
- Provide support to all Illawarra Coal operations including relief coverage and support
All other training administration support as required to meet business needs
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ administration experience
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience electronic administration processes and record keeping systems
- Ability to approach challenges with a positive attitude
- Self-directed and motivated
Flexible and adaptable to change
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results