Principal - Global Benefits
Job no: 783858
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and the Americas. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Accountable for the overall delivery of governance, oversight and optimisation of South32’s global benefits programs.
This role will be engaged on a permanent full-time basis in the Perth CBD office.
- Ongoing review and delivery of the South32 benefits strategy in all jurisdictions
- Management of global benefits governance policies and framework; including risk tolerance, assessing risk and cost exposures and implementing ongoing monitoring processes
- Defined Benefit (DB) pension plans and post-retirement medical plans, including review and recommendations regarding the risk, funding, investment and de-risking strategies
- Defined Contribution (DC) pension/superannuation plans
- Insured benefits such as life, accident, disability and healthcare and medical
- Management of external service providers
- In consultation with external benefits consultants, facilitates Benefits Governance Committee and Superannuation Policy Committee meetings including actions
- Works, in collaboration with Supply and Legal, to develop and maintain relationships with contractors and suppliers and ensures alignment of the contractual obligations, terms and scope.
- Partnering with our global shared services team in relation to transition of transactional/administrative work including ongoing monitoring of service levels
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualified Bachelor HR or Business
- Multi-country knowledge of benefits, with a focus on Australia, North America, South America and South Africa
- Thorough understanding of defined benefits and defined contribution pension/superannuation plans including risk management
- Understanding and experience of risk benefits including life, accident & disability and medical insurance
- Experience in the Human Resources or Finance Industry with experience in a benefits management role
What does South32 offer?
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
Why chose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results