Underground Mechanical Tradesperson - Illawarra Coal (2 Year Fixed Term)
Job no: 783855
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Underground Mechanical Tradesperson (2 Year Fixed Term)
Based at Appin Mine, we are currently seeking experienced Underground Mechanical Tradespersons to work across development, longwall, mine services and other support areas on site.
- Execute work activities according to the daily plan
- Work with physical assets, plant and equipment as defined by the Operation’s standards and operating procedures
- Adhere to defined standard procedures and apply safe work practices
- Assist to develop and enhance work practices and procedures.
- Review and update plans, equipment history and communicate status to appropriate parties
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all incidents and hazards.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an underground coal operation
- Generic Underground Coal Induction including training in self escape and CABA
- Mechanical trade proficiency certificate (trade certificate)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Hydraulics 1 (MEM18020B)
- Hydraulics 2 (MEM18021B)
- Workcover Dogging Licence
- Statement of completion or statement of attainment in explosion protected diesel engine systems
- Confined Space will be highly regarded
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Behaviours in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
This is a two year fixed term opportunity and you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
Closing date: 29/03/2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results