Specialist Training & Development
Job no: 783848
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - Western Australia
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
An exciting opportunity exists within the Training and Development team for someone with a passion for systems improvements and people development. This is a 2 year Fixed Term contract.
The team is responsible for:
- Design and review of assessment, eLearning and quality on the job competency based training material
- Data and record management, Document Control and training systems governance
- Design, implementation and ongoing review of training systems and processes
- Collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to supporting integration of training frameworks
- Using LMS for routine reporting including course and personnel management
- Supporting a whole of business approach to ensure compliance, operational and developmental training requirements are achieved
- Partnering with line leadership to achieve a risk based approach to training and assessment processes
- Advising employees and line leaders on available development interventions
- Mentoring, coaching and support of trainees, apprentices and operational representatives on training and assessment requirements and processes
You will be passionate about people development, process improvement and achieving quality learning outcomes. You will continually look for opportunities to influence safety performance by understanding operational challenges and adopting a risk based approach towards training and assessment for your service groups. You will possess an ability to work well in a team environment to achieve consistency of assessment and processes, but will also be comfortable working autonomously in a self directed manner. You will be proficient in IT systems and be comfortable developing word and excel documents. Your professional orientation, willingness to learn, positive ‘can-do’ attitude and high level of interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills will assist you to challenge and continually improve practices.
The role will be responsible for project coordination and the implementation of IT systems related to training. As such you will have demonstrated skills in change management across large stakeholder groups and experience in the design and implementation of IT systems.
What we offer you
- Option to work a 9 day fortnight
- Competitive salaries
This role will be based at our Worsley Refinery, where our employees choose to live in the Bunbury, Collie or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results