Job no: 783843
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
The purpose of the Superintendent Execution role is to deliver safety, volume and cost at the Operation through inclusive leadership. Through your leadership you will ensure all tasks are designed to guarantee a safe outcome whilst growing a culture of care, accountability and continuous improvement. In addition, you will:
- Rigorously apply the outcomes of South32’s Risk Management policies principles, tools and investigation methodologies to ensure our people are not exposed to illness or injury
- Ensure that all actions required for compliance with all legislative and license to operate requirements including legal, moral, social and contractual obligations as they apply to internal and external stakeholders are carried out
- Ensure critical control execution and verification activities are carried out for the relevant Material Risk for the operation
- Lead the execution of production plans (design and rate) in accordance with the weekly schedule, and in line with Well Designed Work principles
- Deliver production and maintenance budgets
- Lead an improvement culture by encouraging operations teams to identify improvements and implement team level improvement ideas through to completion
- Contribute to high-value priority Improvement initiatives
- Analyse key financial performance metrics to inform decision making, identifying cost saving opportunities
- Proven capability to operate in a complex environment, leading and facilitating diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop, coach and mentor employees to improve engagement, diversity and capability
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence key stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Has suitable technical expertise and knowledge of the Operations to inform decision making – this may be through a background in Engineering or extensive experience within an operational role
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and leverage the skills and experience of key stakeholders to solve problems
- Ability to analyse and benchmark the performance
- Develop business cases for Capital Investment purposes
- Ability to Identify opportunities that support business priorities for continuous improvement and Well Designed Work
- Commitment to the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence
What we offer you
- Option to work a 9 day fortnight
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
- Private Health cover, additional superannuation contributions and a discounted housing loan
This role will be based at our Worsley Refinery, where our employees choose to live in the Bunbury, Collie or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results