HR Specialist - Resourcing
Job no: 783837
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: USA - Tucson, AZ
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 is developing the world class Hermosa lead, zinc and silver project near the town of Patagonia, south of Tucson Arizona.
Location of this role will be in Tucson, Arizona.
The HR Specialist – Resourcing will assist in the setup, delivery and continuous improvement of the South32 Talent Acquisition Strategy in the US region. The role will also be required to provide assistance with additional HR duties in relation to Hermosa project execution.
Includes but not limited to;
- Supports South32 in the full end to end recruitment process
- Represent South32 at relevant industry and recruitment events
- Responsible for the execution of relevant Success Factors modules being rolled out in region
- To work in conjunction with the Talent Acquisition Lead and Supply Principal to provide regional support and a local point of contact for key commercial contracts relating to the Talent function (e.g. medical providers, background checks, agency contracts etc.).
- Provide the Talent Lead with periodic regional reporting metrics
- Participates in contractor reviews, preparation of tender documentation and be a key stakeholder in tender evaluation
- Onboarding management of new employees
- Relocation coordination (Domestic and International)
- Assist as required Visa management
- International assignment coordination (point of contact, reporting, manage cultural awareness training etc)
- Provide support to the HR Study Lead on project resourcing planning and associated HR elements for each phase of the Project (as per the HR Projects Framework).
- Generalist HR support to the Hermosa HR team as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally to locations potentially including; Australia, South Africa & Canada
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in HR, Organisational Psychology or Business (preferred but not essential)
- Valid light vehicle driver’s license and driving record that meets South32 insurance criteria
- Previous experience of working within a greenfield project environment (preferred)
- Previous experience in implementation and roll out of new recruitment systems and associated HR process, SAP & Success Factors (highly desirable)
- Commercial acumen; must have prior involvement in assessing / tendering / negotiating service contracts (e.g. Agency panel agreements etc)
- Thorough understanding of the North American resource industry recruitment market
- Previous experience of managing service contracts
- Prior external agency with in house recruitment experience (preferred)
- A working knowledge of Federal & State reporting requirements (preferred)
- Experience liaising with diverse and complex stakeholder groups at all levels of an organisation and working with 3rd party suppliers in support of strategic people initiatives
- Experience working in global organisations with global functional models (desirable)
- HR generalist experience within the mining, resources and or construction industry.
- Self-motivated, results oriented and delivery focused with a strong attention to detail
Why Choose Us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: US Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: US Mountain Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results