Principal Business Development
Job no: 783820
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Canada - Vancouver, BC
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
At South32, Corporate Development is accountable for developing and implementing portfolio strategy. Our Vancouver office supports South32’s corporate development activity in the Americas. You will be involved in identifying, assessing and acquiring opportunities to create sustainable value for South32’s shareholders
Reporting to the Manager Business Development - Canada, the role of Principal Business Development will support the identification and analysis of commercial opportunities. This will include the preparation and execution of public market and private treaty transactions, with accountability for key workstreams in relation to a transaction and provides overarching project management support.
Based in our Vancouver, Canada office this role is offered on a 12-month fixed term basis.
- Maintaining personal conduct in line with company health, safety and environmental policies, and coaches’ others
- Preparing analysis in support of the evaluation of opportunities
- Managing discrete workstreams in relation to the execution of transactions including:
- Valuation analysis
- Due Diligence and disclosure
- Transaction structuring
- Stakeholder engagement
- Providing project management support for transactions
- Providing support for commercial and strategy related activities as required
- Preparing reports and presentations for Senior Management and Director audiences
- Coordinating with other Group Functions in relation to assigned transaction tasks
- Coordinating external transaction advisors
- A Bachelor’s degree in a commercial or quantitative science discipline is preferred along with relevant industry and/or management consulting, investment banking or 'Big 4' experience.
- Advanced ability to interpret and analyse financial statements (P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet statements)
- Proven ability to interpret and analyse financial statements (P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet statements)
- Advanced understanding of economics, corporate finance and valuation methodologies, including discounted cash flows
- Advanced analytical, modelling and research skills, including demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Confidence and experience in presenting financial and business analyses to senior management
- Strong communication and influencing skills and a high degree of organisational awareness and agility
What we offer you
- A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Attractive Health, Medical and Insurance benefits
- Pension plan employer matching contributions
- Generous vacation leave entitlements
- Education and career development opportunities
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results