Job no: 783819
Work type: Part Time - Permanent
Location: Canada - Vancouver, BC
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
At South32, Corporate Development is accountable for developing and implementing portfolio strategy. Our Vancouver office supports South32’s corporate development activity in the Americas. You will be involved in identifying, assessing and acquiring opportunities to create sustainable value for South32’s shareholders
Reporting to the Manager Business Development, the role of Team Administrator is to provide general and specialist administrative support for the Business Development, and other sub-functions under Corporate Development.
Based in our Vancouver, Canada office, this role is offered on a part-time basis.
- Planning and booking complex travel itineraries to remote locations globally, including organising and managing travel correspondence information flow and approvals and engaging with counterparties and service providers to mitigate travel, safety, security and health risks.
- Acting as principal liaison with Supply and responsible for procurement.
- Helping to prepare Scopes of Work for consultants and contractors. Tracking vendor performance and delivery of goods and services.
- Assisting with record management, document control and data management including complex exploration data sets
- Incidental diary management for the Corporate Development team in Vancouver and South32 visitors to Vancouver
- General team administration duties
- Office administrative duties integrating with building management and South32 Facilities Management teams.
- Extensive experience in office administration for a global exploration group or resource industry consulting firm. An understanding of the exploration process would be an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Developed numeracy with book-keeping experience an advantage
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite) with a willingness to develop new skills. Experience with SAP (or similar ERP) is preferred.
- Can demonstrate an ability to influence, communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for the team.
- Possesses superior attention to detail, particularly under tight time pressures, to maintain the right ‘client service’ approach and perspective with respect to the team, internal stakeholder and business partners.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- An independent and pro-active problem solver able to work within a small globally distributed team.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Attractive Health, Medical and Insurance benefits
- Pension plan employer matching contributions
- Generous vacation leave entitlements
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results