Job no: 783689
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
We have an opportunity for a talented individual to join South32 in leading a program of related studies in a full time permanent role as part of the Group Directional Studies team reporting to the Regional Manager of Studies. The position will be based on the east coast of Australia with location fully flexible dependent on the preferred candidate. Additionally, you will:
- Lead a team of study managers and contractors developing and delivering studies of potential investment opportunities and other investigations requiring specific focused application of study and project management disciplines
- Recruit and develop study managers to undertake studies as assigned
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships with operations teams and senior managers
- Explore, scope and initiate new brownfield project opportunities in the Manganese/Coal group
- Provide specialist advice and direction to ensure the boundaries of the business cases for potential investment opportunities are explored and described sufficiently to determine the relative merit of the business case
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and progress monitoring of the assigned studies programme Development of budgets and schedules for assigned studies
- Be an active and positive contributor to the global Directional Studies team
- Actively promote and comply with South32 values and policies
- Proactively seeking to maximise and protect shareholder value
- Relevant degree or extensive demonstrated experience (Geoscience, Mining, Metallurgy Engineering, Chemistry, Business or related)
- Extensive experience in Heavy industry or relevant alternate experience
- Broad exposure to operating facilities and mines or other major industrial undertakings
- Extensive experience in project development, investment studies and/or front end engineering
- Experience in leading large complex programmes of work with a collective value of >A$500M
- Experience in the development and delivery of discipline engineering and project deliverables
- Experience in working with diverse groups and senior executive level stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and promote collaboration across organisations
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Well-developed economic analysis and evaluation skills
What does South32 offer?
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring these opportunities with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results