SPECIALIST VENTILATION– KHUTALA (SAEC) INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
Job no: 783681
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - (Witbank) Emalahleni
The purpose of this role is to maintain and coordinate the ventilation network at the underground section of the mine by conducting routine surveys - including ventilation measurements, sealed area sampling, stone dust sampling and medium term planning.
- Serious contenders will have an advanced Certificate in MEC (Mine Environmental Control) with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in underground mine ventilation of which at least 1 years in a supervisory capacity;
- Active membership of MVSSA (Mine Ventilation Society of South Africa) is essential;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and risk assessment methodology is essential;
- A code 08 valid driver’s license is essential;
- Computer literate – MS Office Suite – including VENTSIM and knowledge of 1SAP is essential
- Degree/BTECH/National Diploma Occupational Hygiene is advantageous.
- Ensure effective underground ventilation system by assessing mine ventilation, mine escape, and survival requirements.
- Conduct fault finding at the mine in terms of ventilation problems;
- Prepare mine ventilation recommendations, specifications and designs to improve the ventilation circuit;
- Mentor ventilation personnel;
- Maintain legal instruments and permits and liability assessments;
- Liaise with external departments and bodies in respect of injuries and exposures;
- Conduct workplace audits at relevant Coal SA operations and review findings in order to follow up on the implementation of corrective actions.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results