SPECIALIST HYGIENE – SOUTH32, MAMATWAN MINE
Job no: 783679
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - Hotazel
- This role leads the Health and Hygiene work at the Mamatwan Operation to effectively manage the execution of activities that the Health and Hygiene function is accountable for, across the operation.
- Serious contenders will have a Bachelor’s Degree (Hygiene/ Science/ Similar) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within Hygiene function at Specialist level and which 2 years’ experience is in mining or heavy industry;
- In depth knowledge of Health & Hygiene management processes and technologies, relevant industry standards and regulatory requirements across is essential;
- Experienced in executing technical Environment related work is essential.
- Implement and maintain Health & Hygiene systems and processes to enable the operations to meet regulatory and other requirements;
- Facilitate the implementation of the Global Health Standard and HSEC Reporting Standard at the operation;
- Provide specialist support and technical advice/coaching for management on site health/ hygiene matters (including event investigations);
- Provide input into the short and long-term planning at the operation, ensuring that key health/hygiene risks are considered appropriately to support ongoing compliance and leading best practice;
- Design and execute health/hygiene monitoring programs ensuring that they are fit for purpose, aligned with regulatory requirements and the operational risk profile;
- Develop and maintain operations specific health/hygiene management system documentation (management plans, procedures, etc) in line with regulatory requirements, Global Health Standard and the operational risk profile;
- Facilitate occupational exposure assessments and medical surveillance in line with “recognised” practice and with consideration of legal and Global Health Standard requirements;
- Maintain process for the collection and verification of health/hygiene data relevant to the operation and undertake data analysis to enable emerging compliance health/ hygiene issues to be identified and actively managed;
- Preparation and submission of regulatory corporate reporting processes specific to the operation.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results