Job no: 783673
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Queensland
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, the purpose of this role is to provide geological information and interpretation for underground production planning, including tracking ore grades.
What the Role Entails
- Geological stope assessments;
- Underground mapping;
- ROM management;
- Diamond drill hole design, core logging, assay QA/QC and assisting with drill contractor management;
- Geological interpretation and validation of block model;
- Collaboration with other departments including Mine Design, Geotechnical Engineering, Survey, Metallurgy and Operations;
- Assist site Exploration team when required.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following:
- Degree qualifications in Geology or Geosciences;
- Experience in hard rock Underground Operations is desirable;
- Analytical and action oriented;
- Knowledge of Mining packages, ideally Datamine, Leapfrog and/or Surpac;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Team player;
- Improvement focused.
What We Offer You
You will be offered an attractive salary package including a performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan. Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities. This is a FIFO Full Time role from Townsville or Brisbane on an 8 Days On 6 Days Off Day Shift roster.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results