Job no: 783562
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Queensland
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Supervisor Logistics & Parts Management, the purpose of this role is to work together with all Maintenance Execution groups and Mining to ensure tools are available and serviceable to complete all execution tasks. This also includes working with Supply and Maintenance Planning to ensure all materials are delivered to the Maintenance Execution groups, in line with the In-Field Parts Management process.
- Ensuring safety, housekeeping and hygiene within the Tool Store is maintained.
- Managing the tool register including follow up on overdue tools
- Issuing & returning tools in MOTS
- Maintaining and reordering tools within approved budget
- Test and Tagging of electrical tool store items.
- Coordinating off site tool repairs as necessary
- Managing the tool calibration register
- Monitoring & supply consumables to the Maintenance department
- Delivering all Maintenance execution materials to Maintenance laydown areas
- Collecting and returning unused Maintenance execution materials to the Warehouse within determined time frame
- Managing cleanliness of Maintenance laydown areas,
- Year 12 or Equivalent. Any Trade qualifications would be beneficial.
- You must hold a valid Foriklift and manual Drivers License.
- Experience with SAP or similar computerised maintenance management system
- Safe working and able to work as part of a multi discipline maintenance team
- Strong understanding of trade tools
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Capability to coach and provide on the job training
What does South32 offer?
- FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane on a 7 day on 7 days off roster (working both days and nights)
- 14 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results