Job no: 783557
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: USA - Tucson, AZ
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 is developing the world class Hermosa lead, zinc and silver project near the town of Patagonia, south of Tucson Arizona.
Based in Tucson, Arizona, the Specialist Communications will be responsible for the execution and facilitation of internal and external communications. Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Lead, this role will be key to managing the relationship with local media.
- Champion the South32 operating model, Values, Code of Conduct and Care Strategy and relentlessly addressing deviations from these.
- Planning, developing and implementing local integrated communications campaigns to support the Hermosa communications strategy.
- Creating advocacy for Hermosa by raising awareness of the project’s positive social and economic impact.
- Supporting high levels of engagement between senior management and employees
- Effectively managing any issues that threaten South32’s reputation.
- Developing and managing the delivery of the Hermosa communications strategy.
- Supporting Corporate communications by drafting and submitting positive news stories for distribution via internal and external corporate channels.
- Developing and maintaining creative communication collateral including advertisements, publications, presentations and newsletters.
- Developing and maintaining local internal communications and social media channels
- Planning and managing local events.
- Managing external contractor engagement to support to the implementation of communication activities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in journalism, PR, mass communications or marketing is required.
- Strong (local) Media relations experience is required ideally gained within a large, complex organization(s)
- Excellent written ability with high standards of oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and assess the sensitivities of certain corporate issues and information
- Experience in integrated communications strategy development
- Demonstrated ability in generating strategic content, including press releases, internal communications, newsletters, website content, speeches, presentations
Why choose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: US Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: US Mountain Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results