Development Superintendent - Dendrobium
Job no: 783554
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Development Superintendent
Based at Illawarra Coal’s Dendrobium operation, the Development Superintendent leads the execution of production and maintenance activity for the Mine’s underground development operations. This role is responsible for achieving key performance indicators in safety, cost and volume and ensuring the Mine’s statutory compliance.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensure production and maintenance execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively by competent production personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures.
- Lead the production and maintenance execution teams and promote operating discipline related to Mine Operating System (MOS).
- Demonstrate compliance to the MOS by role modelling and setting clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency.
- Coach and measure functional, sub-functional and individual role accountabilities and performance against the MOS. Holds individuals and teams accountable, provide feedback and track non-compliance.
- Participate in the weekly planning and scheduling process meetings to ensure alignment with the Mine’s other process areas and commitment of resources to the work schedule. Ensure execution against this and minimise unscheduled work activities.
- Coordinate production execution activities with other functions, Maintenance and Production Sub-functions in order to effectively manage these activities.
- Ensure compliance with and drive continuous improvement of operating and engineering standards.
- Critically review development performance for the previous month and approve actions for the upcoming month that are required to achieve end of year targets.
- Review and approve the 3-month Plan for the development process area and align development resources accordingly, ensuring the end of year targets are the key drivers for decisions.
- Work closely with other process area Superintendents including long wall and mine services, as well as engineering and functional support teams, to ensure business objectives are met safely, on time and within budget.
- Contribute to the development of Dendrobium Mine’s full year business plan and ensure alignment with the broader business objectives for Illawarra Coal.
- Drive high performance in the development operations team through strong leadership and engagement.
- Lead and manage large contracts that support the Mine’s development operations including procurement, cost control, resourcing and driving outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Trade, Diploma or Degree in an Engineering discipline and/ or Underground Mining Management
- Min 5 years working in an underground mine
- Min 2 years in contractor management
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A focus on results and an ability to be action oriented
- Capability to build and maintain strong working relationships across the business.
- A proven ability to lead large teams, driving accountability and performance from all levels of the business.
- Actions and behaviours in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results