Shift Team Leader
Job no: 783552
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Shift Team Leader
The role of the Shift Team Leader at the Washery is to manage the plant operations to a South32 standard.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Maximising of the plant by directing labour resources to inspect, test & control the process while continually anticipating any changing conditions which will require action.
- Ensure the quality standards are maintained by monitoring the process making changes to the controls in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure the HSEC standards are maintained by properly informing team members of conditions & procedures.
- Carry out safety & environmental audits
- Mentor and coach team members to ensure operational and behavioural standards are met.
- Continually strive for improvement in the process by initiating and promoting ideas from operators.
- Carry out shift reporting
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a processing background
- Diploma or Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar discipline
- Leadership: Experience leading a team of 5-10 people in an operations environment
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results