Shift Operator/Electrical Maintainer
Job no: 783551
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Shift Operator/Electrical Maintainer
The Shift Operator/Electrical maintainers performs operational tasks and repairs on the Coal Preparation plant and to support both the shift team and all teams in achieving the operation business plan
Key Accountabilities include:
- Plant inspection and monitoring of process
- Carrying out sampling and testing
- Manual control adjustments
- Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Ordering spares, utilising the SAP system to requisition goods
- Carry out maintenance work and plant modifications to make the plant operations safe.
- Carry out routine planned Electrical maintenance activities.
- Ensure the HSEC standards are maintained by correcting equipment performance, auditing the process and reporting non conformances
- Carry out plant cleaning tasks as required
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Experience working in process or manufacturing plant environment
- SAP experience
- Fork lift licence
- NSW Electrical licence
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a full time fixed term opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results