Plant Processing Engineer
Job no: 783500
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Plant Processing Engineer
Based at Appin, we are currently seeking a Plant Processing Engineer To oversee the Processing systems monitoring and analysis and identify improvements to systems and practices to achieve and maintain the predictable, stable and required levels of operating performance within HSEC requirements.
- Lead the Process Control and Improvement to undertake technical analysis of the Gas & Water Plant performance (HSEC, volume, cost, availability) and initiate improvement activities.
- Define strategies to Analyse performance and initiate improvement actions
- Own, Analyse and improve standards and critical controls required to manage HSEC and operational material risks, legal obligations and requirements that belong to the gas & Water Plants.
- Provide equipment capability assumptions to the Appin Mine Team for input into production plans.
- Lead investigations of relevant Events using 1SAP Work Management
- Ensure relevant standard operating procedures are developed to support the safe execution of work.
- Initiate process control system changes requests to maintain and improve effectiveness
- Inspect workplaces and audit conditions twice per week (minimum)
- Review feedback data for improvement opportunities and projects
- Design out hard barriers
- Review critical control effectiveness
- Communicate planned corrective actions
- Complete Leadership Interactions as per scheduled inclusive of U/G
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Degree Qualification in relevant Engineering field (mandatory) e.g. Chemical, Materials, Mechanical, Electrical
- Relevant post graduate qualification (highly regarded) e.g. Master’s in engineering
- Experience working in an Underground Coal Mine (desired)
- Previous experience working in a similar Role
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results