Principal Technology Operations – HERMOSA
Job no: 783499
Work type: Full Time - Permanent, Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: USA - Tucson, AZ
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be an operator of choice. We are an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 is developing the premier Hermosa project near the town of Patagonia, near Tucson Arizona.
Technology at South32 is simplifying the way we work, making us safer, more productive and more creative. You will achieve success by working as a valued team member and focusing our technology resources on the highest value business opportunities.
Based in Tucson, Arizona, the Principal Technology role is dedicated to integrating people, processes and technology at South32 project sites. You will facilitate the technology agenda for the site by providing leadership in the management of site-based technical activities, ensuring support and implementation of foundational operational systems. The Principal Technology will advise the project leadership team and will be an advocate for co-development between the project team and Technology.
This role will need to understand the demands and requirements for the site that they are based at as well as understand the bigger picture of what Technology as a function can deliver and support to ensure the success of the project site.
Key elements of the role include:
- Planning and Budgeting
- Vendor Management
- Relationship management
- Supervision of Small Project teams
- Mine site and project office Technology Integration
- Champion the South32 operating model, Values, Code of Conduct and Care Strategy and relentlessly addressing deviations from these.
- Participating and support the definition of the Project Technology strategy within the planning process, ensuring that the Technology capabilities are aligned to the Operation’s overall goals
- Contributing to the Technology budget planning process representing the needs and requirements of the Project Operation
- Ensuring transparency in demand, costs and portfolio management
- Managing Technology knowledge and intellectual property
- Driving technology security, quality and HSEC management activities at site in alignment with HSE management requirements
- Working closely with the Platform Leads to provide technical support and development for the technology services at site
- Working alongside the Technology Contract Management Principal, Supply and Finance with regard to identifying and extending existing and new vendors with their associated contracts at site
- Identifying technology partners that will align with the Technology Supply and Contract Management strategy as well as the broader South32 business strategies
- Leading business relationships and accounts by acting as the main point of contact for service delivery activities at the project office and mine sites
- Communicating the Technology strategy and how it supports and enables the project and broader South32 strategies with all key relationships at site and vendor partners
- Building positive relationships with the site project leadership team to set and maintain Technology expectations, whilst measuring performance against those expectations.
- You are the link between Technology and project teams for all technology concerns and leadership discussions at site
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology related discipline e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (electrical, telecommunications, mechatronics, process engineering, automation, instrumentation) with 5+ years’ experience.
- Sound knowledge of information technology and operation technology disciplines; e.g., software management and interfaces, production operations, data architecture, quality assurance and systems management, etc.
- The role will make executional decisions, recommend and influence key decisions makers for the mutual benefit of Hermosa, Technology and subsequently South32
- You will oversee the implementation and support of the Technology Services at the site, typically 2+ years but will vary based upon the project schedule.
- This is a complex role that requires dynamic adaption from project executional tasks to strategically focused implementation of services that may have an impact for 20+ years. You will have to be able to understand when to adapt, when to delegate and when to recommend.
Why choose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: US Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: US Mountain Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results