Corporate Affairs - Part Time
Job no: 783485
Work type: Part Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
- Execute internal and external communications activity in line with South32 Standards, Procedures and approvals framework.
- Execute community relations and stakeholder engagement activity to build understanding / awareness of Worsley Alumina operations, protect and enhance reputation and maintain social licence to operate.
This position will be based at the Boddington bauxite mine on a part time four days per week basis.
- Develop communications plans and local media strategies to raise awareness and enhance South32's reputation in local communities.
- Engage with local media on positive news items and support sharing of stories through local and corporate communications channels i.e. newsletters, social media, intranet and website and sustainability reports.
- Develop internal communications strategies and plans, including key message development and content creation to facilitate effective communication with employees.
- Proactively prepare and disseminate information to inform, connect and engage local community and government stakeholders.
- Support development of and execute Worsley’s Community Investment Plan.
- Support development of and execute Worsley’s Community Engagement Plan.
- Consults and answers community concerns and issues regarding the Worsley’s activities.
- Support management and reporting of community complaints in line with Worsley’s Complaints Procedure.
- Support identification and management of local issues by monitoring local media / social media and community perception.
- Measure effectiveness of communication strategies through surveys and data reporting/analytics.
- Organise logistics and develop content for strategically aligned community meetings, site tours, town halls, lunch and learns, photo shoots, videos and group discussions.
- Ensure all content and materials are delivered in line with company procedures and protocols and adhere to the Corporate Affairs Standard and associated guidelines.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification or extensive work experience in a directly related environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills, excellent written and spoken English, high level business writing and analysis skills, strong project management skills, presentation skills, MS Office esp. Powerpoint skills.
- At least 5 years' experience in a directly related environment.
What does South32 offer?
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
Why chose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results