SUPERINTENDENT PRODUCTION UNDERGROUND – SOUTH32, WESSELS MINE
Job no: 783454
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - Hotazel
- The purpose of the roles is to direct and control the activities of employees engaged in performing a variety of production operations aimed at achieving planned production targets as well as ensure the effective use of available resources in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree/BETCH/National Diploma in Mining Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an underground section of which 2 years should have been in a supervisory capacity within an underground section.
- Underground trackless mining experience will be advantageous;
- Mine Managers Certificate or Mine Overseer’s Certificate is essential;
- In depth knowledge and understanding of legislation is essential;
- Experience in the mining industry is essential;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite is essential.
- Oversees the production process and assists with drawing up of the production schedule;
- Monitor daily achievement;
- Ensure all work is effectively planned, resourced, and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner;
- Monitors the production process in line with set targets ensuring strict adherence to plan compliance;
- Monitors product standards and implements a quality control program, reviews report and statistics to plan and modify mining activities;
- Provides insight on the selection of mining equipment, reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications;
- Implements and ensures that methods and procedures are in place for optimal asset utilization;
- Ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures in all areas of operations;
- Investigates non-conformance to mining activities, identifies areas for improvement and implement solutions.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results