MANAGER GOVERNMENT RELATIONS – JOHANNESBURG – (SAEC) – INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Job no: 783449
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - Johannesburg
Manages the interfaces between SAEC management and senior government stakeholders and monitors and analyses public policy to develop actionable guidance for the Company based on a value at stake approach.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree in Economics/ Social Sciences/ Political Sciences or a related field. Ideally 6 years’ experience in Corporate Affairs in a mining and metals environment with 3 years’ experience in a managerial capacity;
- Develops an understanding of the mining policy landscape and key issues in order to advise the Lead Team on appropriate actions
- Conducts stakeholder profiling to engage key local, provincial and national stakeholders
- Manages legislative affairs and relationships
- Coaches and equips leaders for government related engagements including the preparation of briefs for such engagements
- Advises Lead Team on imminent risks, communication strategies and response strategies
- Defines procedures for government submissions and manages the development of these submissions
- Manages relationships with key external stakeholders such as the DTI, Eskom and Transnet
- Formulates and communicates SAEC’s position to shape developing legislation in consultative \ Forums.
- Performs value at stake analysis on emerging trends
- Analyses policy and shifts in regulatory, commercial, community and legislative trends and prioritises based in impact.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results