Senior Maintenance Planner
Job no: 783446
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Northern Territory
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
GEMCO is one of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
South32 are seeking a motivated Senior Maintenance Planner at our GEMCO operation. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the team of planners and schedulers ensuring Maintenance Planning and Scheduling is maintained to statutory & legislative requirements and GEMCO standards.
This role reports into the Technical support Superintndent and will be based at GEMCO Groote Eylandt on a 4/3 FIFO roster.
- Leadership and Coordination of the team to ensure quality work management processes are maintained and to enable equipment availability to run at optimal levels to meet the operational plan.
- Ensure Maintenance Management System (SAP) work flow management is followed to enable safe work practices to minimize the risk associated with the working environment to employees and contractors, and to comply with statutory obligations.
- Identify fatal risk tasks, high interaction areas and develop plans / schedules to mitigate these risks
- To lead the Planning team in ensuring well designed work for the execution team
- Coordinate improvements to both the weekly and shutdown maintenance planning processes
- Monitoring maintenance and analysing of maintenance systems to enable the quality of work to be measured and assessed against the maintenance plan, reporting on any variance to plan.
- Build the yearly maintenance budgets and analyse variance frequently throughout the year
- Ensure all requirements of the maintenance plan are achieved within budget and forecast timetables are adhered to and accurate.
- Development and implementation of strategies, ensuring data entry in the maintenance management system is maintained to GEMCO standards and procedures.
- Coach and mentor team members to increase team functionality and capability
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you should possess:
- Trade Qualification or Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in mining / mineral processing environment or heavy industrial environment to include experience preferably in Maintenance Planning
- Experience in CMMS systems
- Experience in the supervision of team.
- Exposure to Business Improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean etc)
- Advanced Computer Literacy Skills.
What does South32 offer?
- 4/3 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Up to 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results