Operator Light Vehicle Mechanic
Job no: 783445
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Queensland
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced light vehicle mechanic to join the Cannington team.
Reporting to the Supervisor Auxiliary, the purpose of the Operator Light Vehicle role is to safely maintain Light Vehicle (LV) mobile equipment and ancillary equipment. Maintenance and repairs (planned and unplanned) must be undertaken in line with safety standards and procedures to ensure personal safety and equipment reliability. In this role, you will be required to work both autonomously and as part of a team on the surface and underground.
Key role accountabilities include:
- Commitment to zero harm, ensuring all safety procedures and policies are followed
- Demonstrate a commitment to Cannington’s Environmental Management System (EMS) and manage the potential environmental impacts of work activities in accordance with Cannington standards and procedures
- Align behaviours to the South32 Care Strategy and values
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Motor Mechanic)
- Two years’ post trade experience working on light vehicles and axillary plant equipment
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to understand the importance of working to the approved plan and schedule
- Reliability centred maintenance experience
The below skills are highly regarded but not essential:
- Underground experience
- Experience in a heavy industry environment
- Shift work experience
- Automotive air-conditioning maintenance
What does South32 offer?
- Cannington based role, on a 7/7 Days and Nights roster, FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results