Manager Performance and Reward
Job no: 783443
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Reporting to the Vice President Reward & Benefits, this Perth-based position provides leadership and assumes accountability for the conceptualisation and implementation of performance and reward frameworks for all roles below the Executive Committee, across all countries in which South32 operates, ensuring these are market competitive, promote diversity and internal parity and are aligned with South32 values.
This role will be engaged on a max term 18-month assignment.
- Provides input into HR 5-Year Plan objectives and budget.
- Develops and owns the frameworks, policies and practices for Performance and Employee Reward.
- Provides guidance to senior and top management on performance and reward matters globally.
- Develops and owns diversity, recognition and retention programs globally (excluding equity plans).
- Accountable for the annual salary and performance review cycle.
- Manages employment contracts for Level 2’s and 3’s.
- Provides overall oversight for employee reward and to the performance management system.
- Ensures that Reward frameworks, policies and practices are legally compliant in all jurisdictions.
- Provides overall oversight for job grading methodologies and practices.
- Accountable for the research and analysis of market data to ensure that South32 has a thorough understanding of its market position across multiple jurisdictions and reward components.
- Researches and prepares information for RemCo reports.
- Provides support to management during wage negotiations.
- Identifies, builds and develops sub-function talent and capability, including a pipeline of talent for key positions.
- Drives improvement and innovation for the sub-function.
- Ensures line managers are trained and provided with appropriate tools to take responsibility for the reward of their employees.
- Drives business understanding (through the Reward Communication Specialist) of employee understanding of the South32 performance and reward offering.
- Owns the Performance Management and Compensation modules in the Business Enterprise system (currently implementing Success Factors).
- Manages the Performance and Reward Team.
Qualification & Experience
- Relevant Degree / Degree Equivalent and / or equivalent industry / organizational experience.
- Extensive reward and performance management experience, within a large multinational
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to make good judgement calls.
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency.
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex and dynamic data sets from multiple sources of information.
- Advanced Excel and database management skills.
- Strong team player with a natural tendency to share information.
- Strong EQ with the ability to engage with various stakeholders at different organisational levels in various.
Why choose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results