Senior Mine Planning Engineer
Job no: 783442
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Queensland
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent, the role of Senior Mine Planning Engineer is to ensure timely delivery of high quality mine designs in alignment with the mine schedule.
- Maintaining personal conduct in line with company health, safety and environmental policies, and coaches’ others, including participation in Risk Assessments and Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s)
- Actively participate in creating a workplace which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimisation by taking a proactive role in the setting and maintaining of appropriate standards of behaviour.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring the Planning team.
- Monitoring design stock compliance weekly and monthly
- Completing block notes and long-term infrastructure designs
- Reviewing and optimising 5DP design projects
- Assisting in coordinating 5DP project combine process
- Project management as required (e.g. ore passes, ladderways)
- Contributing to Quarterly mining area reviews with Scheduling and Geotechnical Engineers
- A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering is required for this role.
- A background in leadership roles within Underground Mine Planning to include exposure to coaching and development of team members.
- Experience with Surpac and 5DP will be highly regarded.
- Proven ability to develop and foster a strong working relationship with all key stakeholders
- Excellent communication and problem -solving skills.
- Ability to influence and interact with key stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft application skills
What we offer you
- Offered on a 4/3, 4/3, 8/6 basis out of Brisbane or Townsville
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities and is FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results