Lead Studies- Cerro Matoso
Job no: 783439
Work type: Full Time - Permanent, Part Time - Permanent
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up.
We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets. The roots of South32 are in the Southern Hemisphere, with a head office in Perth, regional hubs in Perth and Johannesburg, and marketing office in Singapore.
Cerro Matoso S.A. (CMSA) is one of the world's largest ferronickel mining operations, accounting for nearly 10% of the worlds' ferronickel production. CMSA controls and operates all aspects of mining and processing in Montelíbano, Colombia.
We are seeking a Lead accountable Studies at Cerro Matoso, in Colombia, to deliver strategic analysis, solution designs, evaluation and execution relating to all the projects. Reporting South32 to Manager Directional Studies.
What the Role Entails
- The health, safety and environment compliance and outcomes for assigned studies
- Planning, execution and delivery of the assigned studies program
- Development of budgets and schedules for assigned studies program
- Compliance with reporting and compliance to approval governance requirements
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge as Lead a program of studies of potential investment opportunities and other investigations requiring specific focused application of study and project disciplines.
- Relevant degree (Geoscience, Mining, Metallurgy Engineering, Chemistry, Business or related)
- 10+ years of experience in the mining/mineral processing industry
- Broad exposure to operating facilities and mines or other major industrial undertakings.
- Experience in the development and delivery of discipline engineering and project deliverables
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and promote collaboration across organisations;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate at all levels in the organisation;
- Basic economic analysis and evaluation skills
- Advanced computer literacy and business software skills (Word/Excel).
- Proficiency in English.
What We Offer You
Offered as a full-time opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive salary package including a performance-based bonus, participation in the Employee Share Plan and other CMSA employee benefits.
This position will be based at Montelibano, Colombia
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: SA Pacific Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results