Operator Senior Mine
Job no: 783436
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
Reporting to the Mining Services Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to execute the Mining Services plan activities as directed. This role plays an integral part of achieving mining production, development and rehabilitation targets as part of the Boddington Bauxite Mine’s business plan.
- Work with a variety of mobile plant equipment including: Caterpillar D11R, Komatsu 475 bulldozers and Caterpillar 993k wheel loaders.
- Complete daily mining services activities to meet business KPI targets;
- Uphold the highest health, safety and environment standards.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organization that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Experience working in an open cut mining operation / preferably a surface mining operation
- Competent operating various types of Caterpillar and Komatsu equipment, specifically D11R and 475. Other equipment experience is desirable but not essential;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and the South32 values;
- Strong communication skills;
- A current Western Australia drivers license.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history, identity and qualifications check.
This role will be based at our Boddington Bauxite Mine which is located approximately 130km south east of Perth where our employees can choose to live in Boddington or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable lifestyle. The Boddington Township gives its residents the dual advantage of a rural setting while only 90 minutes’ drive to Perth.
What we offer you
Offered is a full time employment opportunity working a dayshift roster. You will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results