Operator Maintainer - Fixed Plant
Job no: 783435
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
The Operational Maintainer will be responsible for the operation, servicing and repair of fixed plant equipment, to ensure safe, efficient and effective mine site operations. Collaborating with peers and colleagues you will actively be supporting and applying the company’s continuous improvement principles to minimize cost, maximize production and monitor the serviceability of valuable fixed plant equipment.
- Control, Monitor, Repair, and Maintain BBM Fixed Plant (Crushing and Conveying)
- Work with physical assets, plant and equipment as defined by the Operation’s standards and operating procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards
- Review and request updates to Work Management and other Master Data as required to achieve timely and accurate execution of work
- Interacting closely with operations, maintenance and technical staff to resolve problems
- Trade Qualified – Mechanical or Electrical Qualifications considered
- Previous experience working on Fixed Plant equipment including crushers, screens and conveyors
- Preferred High Risk Tickets – Forklift, Skid Steer Loader, EWP, Rigging, Working @ Heights
- HR Drivers licence preferred
- Computer literacy is important as are your excellent communication skills – Experience with SAP an advantage
- Commitment to the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence
This role will be based at our Boddington Bauxite mine, where our employees choose to live in the Boddington or other nearby communities which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests and world-famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
What We Offer You
- Competitive Salaries
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Generous Superannuation contributions
- Discounted Housing loan
- HBF Health Cover
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results