Analyst Corporate Finance
Job no: 783388
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Based in Perth and reporting to the Group Manager Treasury, the Corporate Finance Analyst provides analysis and research in support of the team’s core activities, including Group funding (debt and equity), liquidity management, capital management strategy and execution and management of the Group’s credit rating. The role also supports the Group Manager Treasury and Lead Treasury to actively engage with banks in support of South32’s financing activities.
In the Corporate Finance Analyst role you will:
- Conduct analysis and modelling of the Group's long-term funding and liquidity risks, capital structure and credit rating
- Support Corporate Finance Lead in capital raising (debt or equity) execution activities
- Support execution of South32’s capital management strategy
- Support Corporate Finance Lead in guarantee, lease and asset finance processes as required
- Deliver key inputs to meet Corporate Finance reporting and risk management requirements
- Coordinate administration of South32’s existing facilities
- Strong analytical ability
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability
- Strong workload planning and prioritisation skills
- Proven team work and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Tertiary level qualification in Finance or relevant field
- Commencement or completion of CA/CPA desirable
- Desired Finance/Treasury professional experience in a large, complex business
- Desired transaction execution experience
What does South32 offer?
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
Why choose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results