Manager Major Projects (Africa) & Directional Studies - South32 Johannesburg
Job no: 783335
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - Johannesburg
The purpose of the role is to build and develop a studies team (commodity based) and project delivery teams (regionally based) to support operations, improvement and projects, driving business value through the effective use of all functional and operational resources; establishing and maintaining lines of communication and building knowledge and work communities.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical / Civil/ Geoscience/ Mining / Metallurgy/ Chemical Engineering/ Chemistry with a minimum of 20 years’ experience in a major or primary industry;
- 15 years of experience in the mining/mineral processing industry particularly in the areas of strategic planning, development and major projects is advantageous;
- Broad exposure and experience to complex operating environments in line management as well as functional roles is essential;
- Experience in the development and delivery of discipline engineering and project deliverables is essential;
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholder groups is essential.
- Recommend modification, progression or abandonment of investment opportunities.
- Contribute to and help shape the business planning process by providing strategic input on investment opportunities with timely accurate and pertinent recommendations developed by study and project teams(based across continents) as well as independently identifying value options and opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with reporting and governance requirements for early phase studies.
- Cost, schedule and quality of works undertaken by the sub-function;
- Ensure closure estimates are updated and provided for the Africa based businesses.
- Deliver Major Projects including approval processes to ensure adherence to the South32 investment process and other governance requirements;
- Develop and analyse the metrics for the Major Projects portfolio and the bow wave of projects progressing through the Directional Studies pipeline to allow planning for effective allocation of resources across the portfolio;
- Develop and maintain a resource schedule for major projects personnel, both employee and contractor.
- Coordination/consolidation of Major Project annual budget baselines and capital forecasts in collaboration with the portfolio specialist within Capital Governance.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results