Major Projects - Australia
Job no: 783298
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
- Build and lead a team of senior professionals (engineers and other specialists) to develop and deliver strategic projects which realise the value identified and prioritised by the business
- Be accountable for delivery, through the Feasibility and Execution phases, of brownfield projects in our Australian Operations.
- Deliver exceptional health, safety and environment performance
- Ensuring Major Projects are planned to enable delivery through the execution phase consistent with the Care Strategy, ensuring equipment, facilities and work are well designed.
- Management of the execution phase engineering process and engineering deliverables in accordance with South32 standards.
- Ensure that operational readiness aspects of the facilities delivered by the project are well managed and successfully delivered including provision of documentation to assist in creation of work management; supplying master data for new and modified plant; as-built documentation; training materials and training.
- Contribute to and help shape the business planning process by providing strategic input on investment opportunities with timely, accurate and pertinent recommendations
- Ensure compliance with reporting and governance requirements
- Cost, schedule and quality of works undertaken by the sub-function
- Develop and analyse the metrics for the Major Projects portfolio and the projects progressing through the Directional Studies pipeline to allow planning for effective allocation of resources across the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain a resource schedule for major projects personnel, both employee and contractor.
- Coordination/consolidation of Major Project annual budget baselines and capital forecasts in collaboration with the regional portfolio specialist within Standards and Services.
- Support, coach and mentor project practitioners to help build major project experience and capability within South32, developing and delivering training material as required.
- Current major brownfield projects current program >$500M potential spend.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of experience in major project development and execution in primary industry
- Broad exposure to operating facilities and mines or other major industrial undertakings.
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating teamwork and promoting collaboration across organisations
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Project management training
- Risk management or other safety or assurance skills
- Senior line management experience in operations, maintenance and/or engineering
- Financial analysis, valuation and business case assessment experience
- Multiple commodity experience
What does South32 offer?
- Flexible work schemes
- Competitive remuneration arrangements
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- 26 Weeks’ paid parental leave
Why choose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results