Master Data Specialist
Job no: 783296
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Tasmania
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
TEMCO is located in Bell Bay Tasmania and is Australia's only ferro-alloy producer, operating four arc furnaces and a Sinter Plant to produce high-carbon ferromanganese, silicomanganese and sinter.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing SAP Key Business User Work Management support for the TEMCO Maintenance and Operations team. Ensuring SAP systems and processes are fully functional and support Maintenance Planning and Scheduling and Reliability Engineering functions to statutory & legislative requirements and TEMCO standards. In addition you will:
- Continuously improves SAP master data for fixed plant and light and / or heavy mobile equipment enabling effective future deployment of work management resources, but not limited to personnel, service providers and materials
- Clarifies master data based on in-field assessments
- Identifies and improves strategy task lists for reoccurring work to support effective planning and safe work execution
- Identifies and creates corrective / non-strategy task lists for reoccurring work to support effective planning and safe work execution
- Provide SAP technical support for the maintenance and operations teams through functional mailbox support, group and one on one training and corrective assistance as circumstances arise
- Assist configuration, design and standard implementation of routine cost reporting functions
- Assess suitability of PM01 or PM02 strategies, and make system changes when required
- Master data, work instructions and organisational design to identify inefficiencies in work execution and coordinates opportunities for improved business outcomes
- Manages and executes Master Data requests for an area of Operation
- Provides targeted SAP training within the function
- Validates the standardisation of work instructions / procedures and strategies for similar assets
- Ideally 5yrs yrs experience in mining or heavy industrial environment, preferably in a role that involves maintaining equipment master data
- Experience in a Mobile and Fixed Plant Maintenance Environment
- Ideally 10yrs experience in CMMS (SAP) systems
- Trade Qualification (Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent experience
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or related discipline highly regarded, but not essential
- Exposure to Business Improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of process and system improvement for maintenance planning and scheduling techniques
- Build constructive relationships with internal functions and operational teams, fostering team competency and capability development. Collaborate, energise, develop and enable people within South32 to succeed
What we offer you
- Roster – option to work a 9 day fortnight
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
TEMCO is located at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston and 4km from George Town, on the beautiful Tamar River in Tasmania. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results