Job no: 783227
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Health Specialist
In Sustainability at South32, we put our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence into action. We provide leadership, expertise and direction to generate value (social, environmental and economic) now and into the future. This role provides specialist support and advice to Illawarra operations and HSE function on health management aspects to support adherence to the Global Health Standard and legal compliance and material-risk mitigation at the operational level.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Provide specialist support on material health management aspects for the Illawarra operational teams to support compliance with regulatory requirements, health approvals and internal company standards
- Provide input into the strategic direction for Illawarra with respect to health management to reduce long-term risk exposure, support legal compliance and promote enduring health outcomes
- Provide support in the effective deployment of the Health Standard across the Illawarra business
- Develop and maintain the health material risk critical controls and performance standards for HSE owned work at Illawarra
- Analyse health data, including event management and assurance outcomes, to identify improvement opportunities relating to Illawarra health systems, processes and material risks.
- Identify and execute Illawarra health projects that are aligned with South32 business plan/s and functional objectives
- Manage a suite of health specialists to provide the best health provider
- Coordinate the site drug and alcohol program through service provider
- Manage Illawarra pre- employment medical reviews
- Support the identification and execution of Illawarra health improvement projects that are aligned with South32 business plan/s and functional objectives and work with the operational team/s to close-out the identified gaps
- Execute 1st line assurance activities at Illawarra over internal company standards and health approvals/authorisations, and work with the operational team/s to close-out the identified gaps
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Bachelor Degree (Science / Engineering / Similar)
- Experience in identifying health issues, analysing data and recommending sensible and practical improvement solutions
- Experience in executing technical health related work
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a site based Health role
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results