Weekend Coordinator- Electrical
Job no: 783204
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Coordinator Weekend Maintenance (Electrical)
Based at Appin, we are currently seeking a Coordinator for our Weekend Electrical Maintenance. This role contributes to the maintenance function by optimising and improving life of asset performance and availability of fixed plant and production equipment. This is a weekend dayshift role.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Weekend maintenance planning meetings
- Weekend shutdown meetings
- Actively contributes to forecasting and scheduling of maintenance activities and projects.
- Ensures execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively by competent personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures.
- Overseeing components and equipment maintenance activities and personnel performance to ensure productivity requirements are met.
- Drives initiatives to improve work practices and procedures.
- Clearly communicates targets, work plans and expectations.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Degree or. Associate Diploma, Certificate in a relevant Electrical maintenance engineering field
- 5+ years’ experience working in Mining with a preference in underground coal mining
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results