Boilermaker– South32, Wessels Mine Northern Cape
Job no: 783075
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - Hotazel
The purpose of this role is to safely develop, cut fabricate/assemble, weld and maintain metal components and structures.
- Serious contenders will have N2 Technical Certificate (Internal Candidate) / N3 Technical Certificate / Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science together with a recognized Welder/Plater Trade Test with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a qualified boilermaker in a mining environment;
- Onsetter Certificate will be advantageous.
- Valid Code B (08) Driver’s License is essential;
- Knowledge of SAP is essential.
- Develop and fabricate from complex drawings; Mark off basic regular engineering shapes;
- Cut drill and punch, assemble and mechanically join structural steel work;
- Cut materials using the oxy-fuel gas cutting process (manual cutting);
- Cut materials using hand tools (cold chisel and tin snips); Grind steel by means of pedestal / bench grinding machines and perform general grinding operations;
- Assemble and mechanically join sheet, plate, tube, pipe and steel sections;
- Form and shape sheet metal using hand or power operated machines;
- Shaft Examination and Shaft Examination;
- Perform heat treatment processes on engineering metals;
- Prepare and secure work pieces for welding;
- Weld mild steel by means of Oxy-acetylene equipment;
- Weld work pieces in the stainless steel material group using the gas metal arc welding process in all positions;
- Remove material with the shields metal arc gouging process;
- Remove fabricated equipment in both the plant/mine & mobile machine by means of cutting or gouging;
- Install fabricated equipment in the plant/mine by means of welding;
- Repair equipment and components in the plant/mine.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results