Local Sourcing Specialist
Job no: 782971
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Local Contracts Supply & Sourcing Specialist
The purpose of this role is to provide specialist advice and execute Category Management activities in line with specified guidelines and business requirements to confirm surety of supply and minimise Supply risk for the business.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Applies Category Management processes to execute sourcing activities that support operational objectives
- Leads negotiations with Suppliers.
- Develops effective relationships with internal business leaders to understand business requirements, to forecast demand, and verify established contracts are effective.
- Develops collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives.
- Supports Category Management Leadership teams to provide insight into the sub-function activities.
- Analyses key data inputs from multiple sources (internal and external) to build robust category and sourcing strategies.
- Develops local category strategies that minimise supply risk to the business, optimise cost and contribute to process automation.
- Executes local category strategies and contract coverage to support Maintenance Strategies, 2-year budget and 5 year execution plans.
- Executes activities that contribute to the Local Procurement Plan.
- Validates application of procedures for issuing and evaluating tenders.
- Reviews contract award recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years in a commercial / supply environment (Mining/ Metals preferred)
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Experience negotiating and developing contracts including writing approval documents
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a full time permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results