Senior Surveyor (Registered)
Job no: 782893
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Registered Surveyor
The Registered Surveyor prepares and certifies the mine survey record tracing plan and provides professional, timely, targeted surveying services and support in compliance to the site Health and Safety Management System and relevant statutory legislation.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Adherence to the requirements of the Survey and Drafting Directions for Mine Surveyors 2015 and Surveying and Spatial Information Act and Regulations
- Maintain the mine’s underground workings, rescue data and gas drainage model and layers
- Updating and filing the statutory mine plans to the frequency and standard as required by relevant legislation.
- Provide technical surveying services and support to management, superintendents and supervisors.
- Participate in the investigation of any failure events in accordance with internal and external standards and complete follow up actions.
- Develop work procedures for surveying in mine areas.
- Attend underground to erect survey sights and other information as requested by Engineering, Longwall, Development and Coal Clearance teams.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- 3 years underground coal mining experience.
- Bachelor of Engineering (surveying) or Bachelor of Surveying (preferred)
- Registered Mine Surveyor
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results