Job no: 782834
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Engineer Overhaul
Based on site, the role of the Engineer Overhaul is to manage the overall project overhaul lifecycle including preparation of appropriate project execution.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Act as the “point of contact” between the overhaul Contractor and the existing operating facilities to ensure minimal disruption to both operations and construction activities.
- To provide statutory governance, guidance and control the standards, specifications, procedures, programs and technical documentation for equipment overhauls
- Drive the implementation of standardised overhaul systems, governance and compliance ensuring that there is a standard approach across Processing & Logistics
- Ensures the adherence of overhauls to engineering standards, specifications, procedures, programs and technical documention across Processing & Logistics are designed, constructed, operated and maintained.
- Manage milestones associated with delivering the Overhaul Project program of work
- Develop a detailed overhaul implementation schedule, plan and budget for the project execution program
- Ensure involvement in FEL and Operational Readiness for fit for purpose designs and streamlined commissioning
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications for the role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the mining industry
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permenant opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results