Maintenance Planner Scheduler (Underground)
Job no: 781777
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
We currently have 2 positions available for maintenance planners at our Appin mine.
Our Planning roles specialise in the following areas:
- RTV – Mobile Diesel Equipment U/G
- Coal Clearance and belt systems
- Mine services
Based on site, the Maintenance Planner Scheduler is responsible for the contribution to the maintenance planning function by optimising and improving life of asset performance and availability of production equipment. We are looking for people to own their function and to provide good stakeholder management. This role will be required to visit underground on a weekly basis to stay in tune with production and equipment needs and to ensure stakeholders are across planning requirements.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensure that accurate weekly work schedules are produced and signed off by relevant sub functions
- Ensure that plans and schedules enable effective deployment of work execution resources
- Develop and clarify scopes of work in line with Well Designed Work principles
- Consolidate and provide the 12-week schedule (weekly detail) and a week plus 3 weekly work schedules to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and maintain the cost estimates for a 12-week forecasted schedule based on preventative and corrective maintenance work strategies in SAP
- Coordinate and comply with the rescheduling process of activities under guidance from Shift Maintenance Supervisor and/or Superintendent.
- Coordinate with work centre owners to ensure that work centre capacities (capacity managed) are accurately updated in SAP for a minimum of 6 weeks
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Tertiary/ Trade Qualifications in relevant Engineering field
- Experience using SAP (preferred)
- Planning/ Scheduling experience
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in Maintenance (preferred)
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
South32 can offer you a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results