Compliance Superintendent- Dendrobium
Job no: 781765
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The Opportunity – Compliance Superintendent- Dendrobium
Reporting to the Mining Engineering Manager, the role of Compliance Superintendent is suited to a person whom is working towards their 1st Class Certificate and is aiming to progress to the role of Mining Engineering Manager in the future.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that maintenance compliance to legislative and material risk obligations is maintained
- Perform audits of Underground Operations for compliance to legislative obligations
- Be responsible for, and lead, the training of Undermanager’s and Deputies on their responsibility to relevant legislative requirements
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders across various levels of the business
- Lead, influence and make decisions that improve regional performance within the regional lead team
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Statutory Qualification (essential)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an Underground Mine
- Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering
- 3rd Class Certificate (Deputies)
- 2nd Class Certificate (Undermanagers) desired
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
What We Offer You
Offered as a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. We offer an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Illawarra Coal operations are located in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply nowBack to search results