Auto Electrician - Mamatwan Mine Northern Cape
Job no: 781440
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: South Africa - Hotazel
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for timely installation, repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure that mining activities are executed in a safe manner as well as operate equipment and tests all working parts in functional area to ensure proper utilization.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science or N3 Technical Certificate / N2 Technical Certificate (internal employees) with a recognized Auto Electrician trade test and a minimum of 2 years’ technical experience in maintenance and fault finding on CAT machines;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of VIMS systems, CAT electronic Technician (ET) and the starting & charging systems components and operations is essential;
- Extensive knowledge of earthmoving equipment (CAT 789, 994 and 993 loader, 785/777/ADT and dozers) is essential;
- Ability to read parts manual & interpret electrical schematic is essential;
- Workshop exposure which includes rebuilding of machines, wiring systems, fault finding and repairs to electrical circuits is essential;
- Valid Code B Driver’s license is compulsory.
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work with regards to repairs, planned and predictive maintenance;
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment;
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risks on equipment;
- Maintains a clean and safe worksite;
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results