Job no: 781375
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Australia - Western Australia
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
Reporting to the GM Risk and Compliance, this Perth-based position leads the development and implementation of our second line assurance processes, and reporting on the status of statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the Group's 2nd line assurance processes and systems
- Lead the implementation of processes that review statutory and regulatory compliance as well as adherence to South32 minimum standards
- Foster an inclusive workplace with a strong culture of care and accountability
- Regularly review effectiveness of the risk management, governance and assurance processes
- Design and implement the 2nd line risk assurance program to:
- Assess effectiveness of risk management
- Assess compliance to South32 governance framework
- Assess compliance to legislative and other requirements
- Coordinate and/or execute the 2nd Line risk assurance program
- Analyse and report assurance findings, emerging trends and learnings to the Risk and Audit Committee
- Monitor and track closeout of identified assurance actions and improvements
- Lead business process reviews and reports to highlight progress against expected outcomes to improve business performance
- Maintain a close working relationship with 3rd Line internal audit
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
Qualification & Experience
- Demonstrated capability in current risk management / assurance practice
- Exceptional influencing of key stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated capability in control, monitoring and effective reporting to executive management and/or Board
- Experience in managing governance and assurance processes with an emphasis on risk and/or legal/insurance expertise
- Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment
- Excellent skills in data monitoring, advanced analytics and risk and assurance process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or a relevant technical (ie: Risk Management) discipline
- RABQSA or equivalent professional auditing qualification
What we offer you
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries
This position will be based at our head office in the heart of the Perth CBD with state of the art facilities that include secure bicycle parking, lockers and showers.
We are seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Apply nowBack to search results